Wednesday 18 October 2023

40th Birthday Exploding Box

 


I made this box and lid using a die set from Crafters Companion. To decorate the heart on each of the corners I drew around the inside edge of the die to create a layer of patterned card. I cut squares of patterned paper to size to add to the box sides. I die cut the celebrate and party using Crafters companion dies. I printed personalised sentiments and die cut them with dies from a nesting set from The Works and added them to larger die cuts before attaching them to my box. I made a "cake" using a strip of card and two circles. I added a bow to the front of the cake which I cut with a Cheery Lyn die. I cut the numbers and today with Tattered Lace dies. I added the elements to a small piece of strong acetate. I folded the acetate and attached it to the top of the cake so they would stand up.  

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges:

avenue613 #Oct 2023 - anything goes (8/8)
wordartwednesday #617 - anything goes (4/5)*
dreamvalley #303 - more than one fold (1/3)*
fabnfunky #582 - make it female (1/2)*
corrosivechallengesbyjanet #10 - anything goes (1/4)*


2 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous exploding box and thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this looks fabulous - it will really stand out amongst other Birthday cards!
    Thank you for sharing your creation in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete