Monday 29 June 2020

Christmas Star



After seeing a creation on the T.V. I found a video by Crafters Companion on YouTube to help me make this creation. I have used white 5x7in cards. I cut 5 gold pieces of card measuring 9.5in by 7in and scored them down the centre. I die cut the Create-a-card dies into the gold card. I attached the gold card inside the white cards by attaching the edges which results in there being a gap between the layers at the crease because the gold piece of card is 1/2in shorter. I attached all 5 cards together. When the star is closed like a book I have wrapped satin ribbon around the book with red liner tape. I added the gold embossed card onto the cover over the ribbon. I added strips of white card on the sides of the die cut area along with the satin ribbon. I added die cut holly and snowflakes to the white areas and embellished them with gems and pearls.

I would like to enter this creation into the following challenges:

craftycatzweekly #512 - anything goes (2/3)
pennys #474 - anything goes (2/3)
craftyhazelnutschristmas #496 - anything Christmas/use snowflake (unlimited)
daringcardmakers #26th June - let's go 3D
hereisaplacetostart #June 2020 - shaped card (2/8)
creativefingers #189 - anything goes (2/3)
craftinghappiness #55 - anything goes (unlimited)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Beckie, you're very early with your elegant Christmas creation! I like the embossed golden cardstock on the front and all the cute die cut details on the inside. THANKS for sharing your 3D card/book with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome fold, perfect for a Christmas card! Thank you for sharing your work at A Place to Start challenge. All the best :)

    Karthikha,
    DT - A Place to Start
    My Blog - K's Kards and Krafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas crafting and this is amazing. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!! Jaw-dropping technique and such an elegant feeling from your choice of gold as the main colour. This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along at my Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
    Hugs! Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
    Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful. Thank you for joining us at creative fingers challenge blog. Hayley DT member. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATION! You were chosen as a Rising Star at A Place To Start for the week of June 21 - July 2, 2020! Thanks for your wonderful submission to our challenge. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    THE RESIDENT DESIGN TEAM

    ReplyDelete